2020 PW 144 MHz QRP ‘Fun’ Contest will take place on
14th June 2020
Any 4 complete hours between 0900 - 1600 UTC
rules are published in the June 2020 issue of Practical Wireless (on
sale early May). All entrants must read the complete published rules. The
following summary is provided for convenience.
special rules are for 2020 ONLY
- The contest is open to all licensed Radio Amateurs
operating from their own fixed station (no /P, /M, /A). It is single household.
- Use ssb, cw, fm or am in the 144 MHz band. (NO
digital voice or datamodes).
- The output power of the transmitter or transverter
final stage shall not exceed 10 watts pep.
- Date and duration as noted above.
- Contest QSO exchange: RS(T) report, serial number
starting 001, QTH locator.
- Scoring: one point per contact, with multiplier =
number of locator squares (e.g. IO91) worked.
- The log must include at least one contact with a
station in the United Kingdom or Eire.
- Entries should preferably be sent
- Paper logs sent by post are also accepted; these must
be on A4 sheets, with first contact in each new square highlighted.
Duplicate QSOs must be clearly marked.
- Observe the band plan and avoid frequencies in use by
non-contest activity, GB2RS, standard calling frequencies, etc.
- You must provide all required covering
information (see Rule 6 in the full rules), preferably using the online entry system or on a Cover Sheet if sent by
- No repeater or satellite contacts.
- If you are certain that another station that is
participating in the PW 144MHz QRP ‘Fun’ contest is
radiating poor quality signals, please call the station, giving your
callsign, and tell them about the problem. You cannot expect a station
with a poor signal to do something about it if they are unaware!
- If you receive or send a report of poor quality
signals (e.g. wide / splattering), you must record on the cover sheet
full details of the complaint including time, callsigns of stations
involved, nature of complaint and actions taken during the contest to
investigate and resolve.
- You must include the complete hours you operated in
- Entries must be received either by e-mail or
post to the address published in the rules by 25th
The above is a brief summary and
does not present all the conditions of the contest rules. You must
read the full published contest rules before entering.
(log sheets and cover sheets) for paper entries are available for downloading
here - just click the button.
For details of sending entries by e-mail click here
Back to PW
QRP Contest Home page