35th annual PW 144 MHz QRP Contest will take place on
Sunday, 10th June 2018
0900 - 1600 UTC
will be published in the June 2018 issue of Practical Wireless (on
sale early May). All entrants must read the complete published rules.
The following summary is provided for convenience.
The above is
a brief summary and does not present all the conditions of the contest rules.
You must read the full published contest rules before entering.
contest is open to all licensed Radio Amateurs.
ssb, cw, fm or am in the 144 MHz band. (NO digital voice or datamodes).
- The output power of the transmitter or transverter final
stage shall not exceed 5 watts pep.
and duration as noted above.
QSO exchange: RS(T) report, serial number starting 001, QTH locator.
one point per contact, with multiplier = number of locator squares (e.g.
log must include at least one contact with a station in the United
Kingdom or Eire.
should preferably be sent by e-mail.
logs sent by post are also accepted; these must be on A4 sheets, with
first contact in each new square highlighted. Duplicate QSOs must be
- Observe the band plan and avoid frequencies in use by non-contest activity,
GB2RS, standard calling frequencies, etc.
- You must provide all required covering information (see Rule 6 in
the full rules), preferably using the online entry system or on a Cover Sheet if sent by post.
- No repeater or satellite contacts.
- If you are certain that another station that is participating in the PW 144MHz QRP contest is radiating poor quality signals, please call the station, giving your callsign, and tell them about the problem. You cannot expect a station with a poor signal to do something about it if they are unaware!
- If you receive or send a report of poor quality signals (e.g. wide / splattering), you must record on the cover sheet full details of the complaint including time, callsigns of stations involved, nature of complaint and actions taken during the contest to investigate and resolve.
- First four hours are co-ordinated with RSGB Backpacker's Contest, second session.
must be received either by e-mail or post to the address published in the rules by 3rd July 2018.
stationery (log sheets and cover sheets) for paper entries are available
for downloading here - just click the button.
details of sending entries by e-mail click here
to PW QRP Contest index page